hummingbird creative direction
Creative direction is where design meets strategy.
Marketing a company means having a lot of moving parts: strategy, story, videos, photos, advertisements and more. Creative direction is the process of overseeing it all, guiding all the pieces so they create a beautiful picture while still maintaining the company goals — and bottom line.
After many years in business, companies often have a hodgepodge of marketing materials and methods. Some are things started at the beginning still in use. Some are things suggested by an internal person or team that seem to work. Others might have been put in place by previous marketing or advertising agencies hired for specific projects.
As one creative director explained, “Creative direction is about the forest and the trees. More specifically, it’s about helping those in the trees see the forest, and helping those who only see the forest remember the trees too.”
Creative directors run the risk of becoming creative dictators, offering the final say on what ideas move forward and which are discarded. At Hummingbird Creative Group, we know it’s important to have someone looking at the picture-in-picture of your marketing, but two minds are better than one. Our creative direction is about igniting a force, inspiring our team and yours to create something truly magnificent for your company.
Hummingbird’s creative direction includes:
- Establishing and maintaining brand standards.
- Matching graphic elements and language so they work in concert.
- Keeping core messaging (words and images) consistent with the target market and stage of the buying cycle.
- Considering how design will affect your business.
- Developing concepts for the team of designers and writers to work with.
- Thinking ahead about changes in the industry and marketing methodologies that may impact your company’s overall strategy.
Make sure your marketing is on point with creative direction from Hummingbird Creative Group.